↑ Return to Questions

What is paralytic shellfish poisoning?

Paralytic Shellfish Poisoning (PSP) is a disease caused by eating shellfish containing paralytic shellfish toxins.

Paralytic shellfish toxins are produced by some naturally occurring algae.*

Algae are consumed by shellfish including mussels, oysters, clams, pipis, scallops, abalone, rock lobster and crab. The toxins build up in their flesh or organs and can be dangerous to humans when eaten.

  • You must to post comments
Showing 1 result
Your Answer
Post as a guest by filling out the fields below or if you already have an account.
Latest posts
Cornishware striped earthenware design Pudding Basin Figgy Duff Maple Butter Sauce Blueberry Bubble Cake Buchteln with Powidl Jam Czech cuisine Garlic Soup
Top 10 Recipes
Chicken Parmigiana KFC Pepper Mayo Clamato Juice Outback Steakhouses Steak Seasoning How to Make Basic Fritter Batter The-Aussie-Egg-And-Bacon-Pizza
Food & Health
superfood Fish and Shellfish Poisoning Fish and Shellfish Poisoning Rockmelon Ripe Tomatoes Mercury in Fish