Roasted sweet potatoes are probably the most popular snack in Japan in the autumn. It’s simple, really: you just roast a sweet potato over dry heat. Nothing more. It’s certainly comfort food.
Yakiimo - Japanese Roasted Sweet Potato
- purple skinned sweet potatoes
- butter, for serving (optional)
- salt, for serving, (optional)
- Roast sweet potato covered in a pan on a very low flame for about an hour (turning over now and again.)
- Serve with butter or salt, to taste.
If you’re barbequing, wrap each sweet potato in aluminium foil and grill. Serve with a tall glass of cold milk.
Calories: 214 Fat: 12g Saturated fat: 7g Unsaturated fat: 3g Carbohydrates: 26g Sugar: 5g Sodium: 228mg Fiber: 4g Protein: 2g Cholesterol: 31mg
Subscribe to the best and only recipe newsletter you'll ever need - it's ad-free with new recipe ideas every Sunday.
Click Here to view an archive edition.